God’s creatures are all around us here at our humble but gorgeous Low Family Ranch. I remember when my children were younger, one of the things they loved about living in Western PA was the abundance of wildlife that is always presenting itself for their enjoyment. Since moving here, we really enjoyed the beauty of His creation in many ways. Check out this video of a robin’s nest:
A few examples worth noting:
- We watched baby rabbits grow in their ground nest in our backyard.
- We stopped our car while driving down the road so that a very large turtle could cross the street.
- We watched a family of four deer cross the road during an evening snowstorm.
- Groundhogs seem to be all over the place lately.
- Last year the girls chased butterflies all throughout our backyard.
- Summer fireflies were also a big hit last year.
Later on, they were stunned by the discovery of a robin’s nest in a low tree at Grandma’s house! So the past few weeks whenever we’ve visited my in-laws, the girls have eagerly rushed over to the tree with the nest to see if the baby birds have hatched.